Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fell In Love With Gorgeous


We were holding hands while walking down the lane together
People stared but we just did not care
Sometimes they talked in audible voices and sometimes they only whispered
But something like this had little importance to us so we did not consider it as burden to bear

Because I fell in love with a Gorgeous Guy
Fell in love once and almost completely
We are so much in love with this world,
But sometimes these feelings can be so misleading

He was standing near the window
Watching the city's nightscene, the lights were bright red and neon yellow
He turned to look at me sitting on the bed looking back at him and asked,
"Are you alright, dear?"
I smiled back and said,
"I must be fine because my heart's still beating."

Stood on a stony riverbank cutting through the valley
Stripped down to the skin, we jumped from the dock falling to the river's stream
The water felt icy cold but hugging Gorgeous Guy sparked the fire within
In a low husky voice he said,
"Come closer and kiss me. Amy says it's fine, she doesn't consider it cheating."

Jet black short hair with a curl, mellow roll for the flavor,
The eyes were peeping, white teeth shown between your parting lips glistening
Knew I can not keep away from this Gorgeous Guy
Oh, how these two sides of my brain need to have a meeting

Can't think of anything to do
My left brain knows that all love is fleeting
He is just looking for something new,
and I said it once before but it bears repeating

Don't go telling no more
Don't go telling no more lies on Amy

But I found it hard to face up

Because I fell in love with a Gorgeous Guy
Fell in love once and almost completely
We are so much in love with this world,
But sometimes these feeling can be inadvertently misleading




{mostly inspired and freely adapted from the lyrics of The White Stripe's "Fell in Love With a Girl"}

No comments: