Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Thousand Oceans



These tears I have cried, for you I have cried a thousand oceans
And if it seems like I'm floating in the pitch darkness,
well, that’s because you filled my mind all these times

Still I can't believe that I would keep you from flying high just to find me waiting
But I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home
Sail you home, back inside my flaming heart

I'm much aware what the rules are, for our true love to survive
But you know that in the end I will always run back into your arms
You know that I will follow you,
even to the farthest-side corner of the world

And if I find you, will you still remember me playing under the rain,
running through the woods,
walking on the sands by the sea holding hands with you,
and forgetting all the sad moments as time passed us by,
or do these memories of me just fade away?

These tears I have cried, for you I have cried a thousand oceans
And if it seems I'm floating persistently in the darkness,
well, that’s because I’m still searching the way into my harbor, the safe haven,
and that's your soul

So I would cry a thousand more oceans if that's what it takes to sail you home
Sail you home, back inside of me





- Inspired by Tori Amos’ 1000 Oceans in reminiscing bittersweet memories of Love.R -

No comments: