Thursday, July 31, 2008

One Evening at The Bistro



Inside the spacious Loewy
Looking outside to the streets beyond
They do look so undemanding
In these kind of hot summer evenings

I walk in from one of the terrace’s tables
Into the crowd chatty and cheerful
No sad faces in this place
Where they get their coffees and teas, cocktails and wines
From the coolest place in town

Walking by the promenade you can see
From the center tables to the corners to its bar
How people there dressed up
Just so beauty and unavoidable
Showing off glistening smiles
One hand holds a cigarette while the other cocktail glass
Everywhere you turn it’s there

While now I sit and wonder what am I doing here?

In Loewy all the people got modern looks
The self-labeled cosmopolites, young trendsetters, and who’s who-s.
And they have modern bodies too

Somehow sometimes they make me feel
So lonely and so out of place
Makes me want anything more than this
Makes me think that in other time other places
I am anything I want to be
I am any age I want to be
I have the great look that I dreamed to have
And you wouldn’t know the difference

Or would you?

No comments: