Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Picnic Picture



There was an old photograph on your refrigerator pinned with a magnetic pineapple
Its colors turned to yellowish, a sure sign of years it has gone through
When I first looked at it, I thought it was the picture of Jesus and His disciples having a picnic under a big leafy tree
Because everyone in it had thick shaggy beards long wavy hair and wore some kind of long dresses
Like the robes they used to wear back then in the early years of Our Lord


But when I first saw the photograph, it was not because of what it depicted
It was because I had to divert my gaze from the kitchen window overlooking your backyard
Since I saw you getting steamy with another guy, not far from the pool we once made love inside


I know you’re no longer mine, but hey
Was it wrong if I feel jealousy looking at that scene with my very own eyes?


No comments: